Thursday 7 May 2015

The May sketch from Blue Fern Studios and a page using the beautiful new Déjà Vu collection.

I am sure many of you hve already seen and admired the new papers, stamps, and chipboards belonging to the new Déjà Vu collection designed by Michelle Singh for Blue Fern Studios.
I love the soft tones of light yellowy vanilla, lavender and springy pink.

It's easy to create both a vintage project or one with  a romantic shabby chic feel to it 
with this feminine collection.


As you see I tried to keep the design pretty simple and just let the papers and a few embellishments take center stage. It is no secret I am a fan of lilac lavender, and purple and will gladly combine these colours with a soft yellow. I love how the flowers go so well with the papers.


Can you see the tiny tiny pearls (by Prima Marketing) that I added to the lamppost- chipboard and also to some of the green leaves. I like the added texture they give. 
I added some neutral coconut fibers here and there to lighten up the design. 


In this shot you can see the different layers of my page. 
I softly distress all the edges by hand before assembling the papers.


Most of the gorgeous small blooms here are by the Norwegian brand Papirdesign and they have a really huge assortment of paper flowers. I love them!!


After adding my flowers to where I wanted them I gave them a lick of white paint to 
'shabby them up' a little. ;-)


I hope you like the new Déjà Vu collection as much as I do and also that you take some
inspiration from what I made with it.



Here is a picture of the stamp set I used as well:


And last but not least;...
Here is the beautiful sketch that is our challenge for the lovely month of May!!





Look HERE to see the challenge-post and to see what my fellow DT members created :-)

Take care!



14 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, this is GORGEOUS, definitely as gorgeous as gorgeous can be! Love your lay-out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! Love those soft pretty colors and the photos are so pretty too! Love this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a super pretty layout, Bente!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful Bente! Love the softness and all your details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout and I love the pretty papers and how it all fit together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Bente! Love the pretty papers and all the beautiful blossoms! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bente, this is just breathtaking! Beautiful details and layering. And yes, this collection is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Just so gorgeous! Love all the fine details and the photos are too cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WoW, Love you layout.. Im a big fan of Blue Fern studio, and the way you use it is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooooo beautiful Bente! I love the colouring of this page....the muted papers with pop of colour from the blooms! ;-) Beautiful chippies too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Bente - this is so beautiful! I love the layering and that lamp post is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Bente - this is so beautiful! I love the layering and that lamp post is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous design and page, all the details are so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...