Monday 1 October 2012

Step-by-step tutorial for a deep frame using "Echo Park For the Record 2 Documnted"



Gosh, can you believe it is already October....Time really flies!!

I made this simple little tutorial for a monthly assignment over at My Scrapbook Nook and thought I would share it with you here as well.

" Hi, this is Bente with a post for you today.
This will be my last post as a DT member for 'My Scrapbook Nook'. It fills me with sadness 
that it shall all come to an end within just a couple of days. 

I will share with you my process for making this framed piece that was a birthday gift for 
my cute god-daughter. I have taken photos of the step by step process:

 I started out with a deep frame from Ikea. 
I think it should be pretty easy to get hold of in many places of the world.

You can easily open up the back of the frame. You need to be able to add all your little bits and 
pieces inside the square passepartout frame .

To start gather all the different papers and embellishments you want to use. As I am a very 
impulsive scrappers I add mine as I go along, but that may not work for all of you.

 I cut a large square to serve as the backing of the frame opening . Then I cut another square 
to fit inside the opening with a little of the backing piece showing.


I want to add some texture to my paper with a mask. 
I add a thick layer of gesso so I the pattern will be pronounced on the paper.
You must now leave the gesso to dry for a while.

While waiting for the gesso to dry you prepare your photo by adding a string of twine and 
making a small bow. You might even look for  some more small embellishments like a 
small flower or a jewellery finding in the shape of a heart like the one I used.
 

As soon as everything is dry you can start assembling the layers of paper etc. 
In the above photo I have glued the base paper behind the opening, and in the next one you'll
see the green side of the paper underneath the yellow one.

It is now time to start building up the design by adding everything layer by layer. 
I have embellished the rim of the freame with a fun washi tape. It's so easy to add, and if it goes on a little crooked you just lift it and start again.


You can see I like to add my layers with pop dots between them because I want a lot of dimension.
If you prefer a more flat design just stick everything directly on top. 


I added my matted photo a little at an angle and used a lot of the stickers and chipboard  fom "For the Record 2" as decoration. To finish off the design I added a small banner along the top fastened with some red twine.


This is the look of my finished piece before placing it back in the frame. 
I hope you like it and that you will give it a try. As you can see it is so easy but also quite 
decorative. Because of the deep frame you may even add memorabilia to the display. 
A pacifier, a toy car or a small teddy bear will easily fit inside the glass.
 Thank you for your attention., and I hope we shall meet again somewhere in cyberspace :-)"

Thanks !

18 comments:

  1. I love what you did with this! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome frame Bente, I have at least of these in my stash that I have yet to decorate, maybe I should get around and finally use them. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work and thanks for showing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable!, lovely layering!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeee that precious photo, the colors and the banner!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Love everything about this! The layers, use of the mask, and that pic are simply the best! So darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nydelig!! Du er kjempeflink systa <3 Puss

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing frame project!! Thanks for sharing the tutorial!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Bente love the framed LO.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Bente! Thanks for sharing the tutorial. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Så flott dette ble :)
    klem :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Bente what an adorable frame....your work is so crisp and clear love love love it!
    thanks for sharing
    irini

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this, it' s beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the step-by-step of how you constructed this layout. Gorgeous work Bente.

    ReplyDelete
  15. amazing! and love the step-by-step!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Bente! this is so cool!!! Love the details! And thnx for the tutorial)))))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooooh this is sooo sweet Bente! just adore it! He is one happy boy, the cutest piccie ever and the layers are gorgeous. Been wondering about the IKEA frame though, is it exactly 30 x 30? It works so beautifully with the passe partout but what if I want to use it for a page that has pattern all the way to the edges, would I have to crop off 0,5 cm? KRAM

    ReplyDelete
  18. Denne er bare såå herlig, Bente! Liker alt ved denne jeg! Så fiiin! : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...