Tuesday 15 May 2012

May 15th OUAS; Theme "Mum" usin Prima "Nature Garden"



Welcome to the mid monthly reveal for the May sketch at OUAS!

 We would like you to create a layout and interpret the theme "Mum" however you like based on the following sketch. You can journal as little or as much as you like, but your layout must incorporate this theme and the sketch.



Ideas for journalling: you as a mother, your role as a working/stay-at-home mum, sacrifices/benefits of being a mum, one day in your life as a mum, how your life has changed since being a mum, a tribute to your own mum, grandmother, guardian or someone you consider as close as your mum, your relationship with your mum or your daughter, one trait you have take from your mum, your desire to be a mum, your feelings on motherhood, what does it mean to be a mum?, what kind of mum do you want to be? , Mother's Day celebrations/traditions, your favourite Mother's Day gift given/receive etc



For my layout I used one of the new collections from Prima called "Nature Garden".
The colours and patterns are very subdued and easy to work with.


And this is the beautiful sketch that Nadia prepared for us:


I made my example with lots of layers and sooo much distressing.
I painted, inked and misted the different layers and also made good use of my sewing machine to adhere different elements.


My journalling is about the awesome feeling it was to become a mother of three.
I have talked to a couple of my friends and they felt the same after number three was born,...just elation!
At the same time as being so excited about the new family member I also experienced a strange yearning for one more baby,...to be able to experience this undescribable feeling one more time. I was always happy about waiting before having my firstborn. We had so many things in our life with Uni and work and travel that we would not have been able to do with a baby.
But also with every baby you are a little older and at some point you have to realize that you are not going to have any more. Having had two miscarriages before our eldest was born we felt so blessed with one child . Now we have three  intelligent and beautiful children and could not be happier!!



I have hidden most of my journaling in the rolled up scroll.
For the doilies I used my Cheery Lynn die and the branc is one from Prima Marketing.
I used a chipboard ornament from Imaginarium Designs to form part of my title.

I made a small shabby banner from triangles.
I inked the edges and outlined them, I drew a small messy heart on each of them, and then with my finger I smeared paint on top.When the paint dried I added some liquid pearl from Viva.


I really like this photo of Beatrice.She was happy outside jumping on the trampoline whwn I asked her to pose for a few photos. Her hair is all messy like that!!


Why don't take a peek at what the rest of the team cam up with?

Visit OUAS HERE!


30 comments:

  1. Fantastic!!!
    For en helt fantastisk layout du har laget her! Elsker fargetonene og alle de herlige detaljene!
    Vimplene i hjørnet og båndet var utrolig stilig!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the layers, the photo and love love love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is just so absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!! Such an eye-catcher!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sigh, this is so, so, so gorgeous! i wish i could layer flowers like you, this is truly breath-taking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing Bente! WOW! THANKS so much for all you do at OUAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful Bente! I always love your layers and attention to the smallest things! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful and SO much detail I could stare at it all day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Underbar! Gillar färgskalan och alla lager av papper och dekorationer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderdul photo! Love the details! And great colors)))))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely colours! Takk for koselig kommentar, du sier så gode ting, det varmer sjelen! Klem

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous as usual. I especially love the colour combo! And your dd's hair *swoon* lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Breathtaking! You layering of flowers is outstanding. You make it look so easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You make even grays look so glamorous! I love your style even more now with extreme distressing and lots of texture.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an AMAZING Layout Bente!
    Your sense of detail and design is truly inspiring!!

    Greetings from chicago~

    ReplyDelete
  15. so pretty!
    love the soft pop of pink on the gray.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is an amazing photo! Bea is going to be a stunner just like her 2 big sisters! Love the whole shabby neutralness of this layout - I ordered all these papers too - they are so perfectly unobtrusive. Love how you have dealt with them. I know what you mean about number 3 too. I was the most excited of all because I knew exactly what to expect so the last 2 kids were so much more fun than the first 2. I didn't want to stop - even at 4 - I had to force myself to have the op and I wanted to jump off the table rather than have it done but I did it and I'm glad - 4 is enough!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Bente- I love how you've used the Nature Garden collection- your stunning and beautiful daughter is a perfect fit for them!! Love your shabby, stunning layout :)~
    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous, Bente! Your daughter is so lovely and you framed her pretty picture so beautifully!

    I can totally relate...I want another baby so badly!! Just gotta get the hubby on board;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. a work of art Bente!..so beautiful! :) Gx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a work of beauty. I wish I can sit and watch you scrap;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohhh I love this layout ! Lovely work !

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, I read every word, not just the layout being stunning and beautiful, but I love everything you wrote. So touching. Your daughter is just beautiful...I just love that photo as well. The details on your layout are amazing...you use Viva too! I have the pearls too, I love how you used them here!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Grays and soft peachy pink is such a gorgeous combination, this is a truly beautiful page Bente! Bea is looking more and more like her sister and her beautiful mother :) love this photo of her - she is so natural and pretty with her windswept hair and that smile of hers. Magnificent layers!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow Bente when I saw this on the blog i thought is was so stunning, from that wonderful pic to the awesome distressing and embellies. Such a fabulous combo. I love it. I wish I had had the chance of a third. Our girls are similiar age. You always have so much soul in your scrapping Bente.

    ReplyDelete
  25. NYDELIG!!! Her var det flere lag - og lekre detaljer. Digger!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow...this is a stunning beautiful page.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your work is truly amazing!! Love this!! Going to follow your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is absolutely fantastic Bente - love all those little distressed details!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...