Friday 12 August 2011

Color Combos Galore 204, "Snapshots from Provence".

This weeks mix at Color Combos Galore is a lovely combination of green, blue, light yellow and brown.
This combination lends itself to layouts for both boys and girls, but I think they are particularily good for those of you scrapping a masculine page this week.
In addition to the right colours the challenga also tells us to use a grid on our page. I was not very keen on the idea of a grid, but as I got on with my page I discovered there are many ways to use a grid and it does not have to be so very geometrical...!

Anyway, this is what I came up with this week. 
It is a fairly simple and straight forward page and there is really not so much to say about it.





































When I first sent my page to be included in the reveal I was a bit too quick and I forgot to add my whole title....
(Hmmm, where have you heard that before...? LOL!)
The title is of course to read "Snapshots from Provence" and these photos were taken last week on our holiday.


Without further ado I will show you the pretty colours this week:








































The thought of a grid gave me a fright, at first. I have not done that before and it's not something I would have thought of for myself to do. So thank you so much for the challenge!

I printed a small collage in Picasa and stitched strips behind the photo to enhance the grid impression.
I also had to spend considerable time going through my stash looking for the colours, but but I found some in the end.

I quite enjoyed sticking on the tiny black number stickers by "Jenni Bowlin" and using them as guidelines for my journaling about each photograph.
























The brown paperframe  is cut from an old DCVW stack that I bought ages ago. The green title alpha is Thickers by American Crafts.


























The brown ribbon is by Maya Road and it comes already stitched. That is  very helpful indeed!



























Lately I hardly make a single layout that does not have a doily on it. These are from the 'dollar store' and I got fifty small ones for just over the equivalent of a dollar.
The small pleated flowers are made using "Pink Paislee" "Daily Junque".
























The balloon with the button glued on to it is fro "Pink Paislee" "Butterfly Garden" ephemera.
So is also the Ha-Ha die cut underneath the photo.


Okay, folks,that's about it for today.
I am now off to do a couple of hours of 'real' work.
Thank you for the comments you leave. They make it all worth while!!

14 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the design and loving the little numbers on the photos to go with the journaling! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful page Bente great colors and sweet details 7 cool pictures to.
    have a lovely weekend byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page Bente and I love your grid design and the numbered photos to correspond with the journaling strips. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have used this colour combo perfectly,love your LO, and the grid looks fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Åh så HÄRLIGT att ha dig tillbaka på hemmaplan igen Bente, har verkligen saknat dig! I've never used grids either, really clever of you to do that thing in Picasa with the pics! your page just ooooozes glorious summer days on the Med, it's totally delightful!! love the itty bitty black numbers, the button on the hot air balloon and the accordion blooms, just so pretty. Snäääälla, kan du inte skicka litet skvaller till mig? kan ju inte vänta i hela två veckor till innan jag hör ifrån dig pluttan! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. J'habite la Provence, your page is beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bente this is a great page !!! You really did a wonderful job..I feel so honored to be in the same team as you!!!
    I love the accordion bloms and the button with the ballon is just gorgeus!!!!!!!!!!
    You have used so perfect the combo.
    I wish a wonderful weekend.
    Kisses and huges
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh to be in the south of France, you have transported me there with this layout Bente, gorgeous, have a fun week ahead, take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wonderful, lovely colours, layout, all the fabulous details and great photographs. Amazing. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful LO. I love all the fabulous details. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a gorgeous lo! Love the entire mix and that grid...fab!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply gorgeous Bente...I love the details.

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeus layout! lovely details and great design, it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is one of the most gorgeous grids I have ever seen in my life!! What you have done around the border is totally beautiful & those photos, the whole ambience of the layout just screams Provence & makes me want to book my ticket!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...