Sunday 28 August 2011

A birthday card for a musical friend



Tonight I just have a quick share. 
A short while ago I made this birthday card for a friend who was going to celebrate her fiftieth birthday.

I used bling cardstock as a card base. I added a paper strip that I had punched with my Martha Stewart lace punch. I also added a piece of October Afternoon paper with musical notes on it as my friend plays in a symphony orchestra. As a kind of background for my floral embellishments I used two journaling spots. The light blue one I drew and cut out by hand and the white one is a Spellbinders shape.
In the middle there are some mulberry flowers, a bling butterfly, and the letter stickers are by October Afternoon, too.

I think it is nice to be able to do this kind of a fast project now and then, and I find it so much more enjoyable to give away a hand made card when I have the choice.
I hope you like it!!

























As always, thank you so much for dropping by.
Hope you are enjoying your week end!
Hugs to you!

11 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeee those flowers! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeus! love those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card with yummie flowers.
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bente just a wonderful card my dear..as always!!
    Thanks for all your visit in my blog you really makes me so happy !!!
    I wish a wonderful week.
    Kisses and huges
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card Bente.. loving all the pretty details!! Take care :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Handmade cards really are the best, but only for people who truly appreciate them. This one's so lovely, I especially love the combo of pink and yellow. Makes me really happy! Kanske dags att utbyta bokningsinför för vandrarhemmet som du och Alex ska bo på? kollar mailen ikväll och ringer dig! Kramis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is just so pretty! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You just have ur way with flowers and you used them so well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your friend must have been thrilled with this beautiful card. Lovely design, gorgeous flowers and love the music note paper..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...